Single WODWAX Bar
Single WODWAX Bar
Protect Your Hands. Get More Grip.
WODWAX is a pull up bar wax that increases grip and reduces ripping. WODWAX is more sanitary than tape, cleaner than chalk and eliminates the need for gloves for bar work.
The Story of WODWAX
We started WODWAX in 2015 with the idea that we wanted to create a product that helped improve grip and prevent ripping during workouts that involved the pull-up bar.
Using our surfing background, we experimented with surf board wax and used that inspiration to create our own version of a wax that was specifically engineered for cross-training, to have the perfect balance of stick and give that is necessary for your hands to stay on the bar but also be able to rotate with various kipping movements.
We had tried all of the alternatives that predated WODWAX, like grips, tape and chalk, and found that none of these was the perfect solution. Grips made the bar feel fatter and more difficult to grip. Tape, when applied to the bar, seemed to cause more ripping, and when wrapped around our hands, just got bunched up and sticky. Chalk required frequent reapplication during WODs, and dried out our hands, making them more prone to ripping.
WODWAX solved all of these problems!
The Core Problems
- I kept slipping off the bar.
- My hands kept ripping on the pull-up bar.
- All the gloves and grips I’ve tried make the pull-up bar feel fatter in my hands.
- When I tape my hands or the bar, the tape rolls, gets sticky, and leads to more rips.
- I keep having to rechalk my hands during WODS. It takes time and makes a mess.
What is WODWAX?
WODWAX is a wax-based product for cross-training athletes to help prevent hands from ripping and slipping on the pull-up bar. It is applied directly to the pull-up bar, eliminating the need for bulky gloves or grips, tape, or constant re-chalking, and making slick bars easier to hold onto.
WODWAX has the perfect balance of stick and give. It enhances grip to allow for more work without breaking, while giving just enough to prevent ripping. Whether you are new to cross-training/HIIT, or a seasoned veteran, WODWAX will help improve your grip and reduce your WOD times. WODWAX is the ORIGINAL, and BEST, product in its class. Don't be fooled by cheap imitations. It's made in the USA, and family-owned.
The Benefits of WODWAX
Improve Your Grip
- Whether you are dealing with slick pull-up bars or sweaty hands, applying WODWAX to the bar will immediately allow you to maintain a much better grip.
- If you are accustomed to wearing grips when you do your bar work, you can still use them with WODWAX and get the same benefit.
Prevent Ripping Your Hands
- WODWAX has the perfect balance of stick and give. The wax allows your hands to move just enough that your skin doesn't tear, while still allowing you to maintain your grip.
- A pull-up bar with tape on it may create a stickier surface for your hands, but it has no give and leads to torn hands.
- Chalk may help absorb the sweat on your hands, but it also dries them out, which leads to more ripping.
- More grip means more reps strung together.
- No ripping means more time for training and less time for healing.
- Using WODWAX instead of chalk eliminates chalk breaks during WODs, which can mean faster WOD times.
- WODWAX contains essential oils with anti-fungal properties to promote healing and prevent infection.
- Gyms that use WODWAX instead of chalk have no chalk messes or dust to clean up!
Hear from Our Customers
Don’t take our word for it, hear from our customers:
"Couldn’t believe how good it held your grip for pull ups and toes to bar. Got a pull up bar fitter during this terrible epidemic. Missing the gym so much, next best thing and the wodwax has helped so much." - Craig
"I purchased this because my bar at home was slick and difficult to grip. It works perfectly! Bonus, it smells nice too." - John
How to Apply WODWAX
- Firmly rub WODWAX directly on a clean bar in two 4"-5" sections where your hands will be placed.
- Apply generously to all sides of the bar where your hands & fingers will make contact until the wax forms bumps.
Learn more about application HERE.
Approximate dimensions of one bar: 2.75" x 1.75" x .75"
Approximate weight of one bar: 2 oz
Orders ship via USPS First Class Mail with tracking. Domestic shipping times range from 2-5 days. International orders vary based on shipping method chosen at checkout. International orders may be held in customs until the recipient pays applicable duties/tariffs, per each country’s policies.
WODWAX was created with a proprietary blend of wax, resin, and essential oils, all selected because of their antibacterial and healing properties.